Apple Spiced Protein Bread
This is a high protein low fat, low calorie snack or dessert. Great alternative to fattening sweets.
This batter can also be used to make amazing protein pancakes.
Servings: 16 squares
Here's what you need...
- 1 cup oat flour or ground up rolled oats
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup egg whites (3-4 eggs, whites only)
- 8 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup splenda, truvia or ideal
- 1/4 PB2 (peanut butter powder, this is optional)
- 4 TBSP water (if mixture seems dry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl mix together all wet ingredients and stir into dry, mix completely.
- Spray an 8x8 glass dish with non stick spray.
- Pour batter into dish and bake for approx. 25 mins. Note: middle will appear slightly undercooked
- Cool completely, cut into squares.
Nutritional Analysis: 67 calories, 1g fat, 8g carbohydrate, and 7g protein