This recipe takes the concept of chicken salad to a whole new level. There is so much going on in the flavor department like sweet mango, savory chicken, tender asparagus, tangy arugula, and creamy goat cheese. Servings: 4
Here's what you need….
For the Herb marinade:
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
For the Salad:
- 1 lb skinless, boneless, thin chicken breasts
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 cups organic arugula
- 2 small organic mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 6 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Combine the herb marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place 1 Tablespoon of the marinade in a large Ziploc bag with the asparagus pieces, and the rest in another large Ziploc bag with the chicken breasts. Make sure the chicken and asparagus are fully coated with the marinade, and then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Heat a grill pan and another medium pan. Place the chicken breasts on the grill pan, and cook 4 minutes each side, until there is no longer any pink in the middle. Sauté the asparagus in the medium pan, stirring often while the chicken cooks. Remove both pans from heat.
- Once the chicken has cooled, slice each breast into even strips.
- In a large bowl combine the arugula, mango slices and crumbled goat cheese. Add the cooked asparagus and the chicken. Mix and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 332 calories, 13g fat, 740mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 34g protein
Lean cuts of pork are high in protein and low in fat. Add a side of veggies and you've got a clean meal that delivers all the right nutrients without waist-expanding carbs. Servings: 4
Here's what you need...
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- sea salt
- 4 lean pork chops
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large skillet warm 1 Tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the apples and onions. Sauté for 5 minutes until the apples are tender.
- Remove the apples and onions from the pan.
- Add the remaining Tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan and leave the heat on medium. Sprinkle cinnamon and salt on both sides of the pork chops then rub in.
- Place the pork chops in the pan, sear on each side for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil. Add the apples and onions back to the pan, cover and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and serve the chops with a generous helping of the apples and onions.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 296 calories, 12g fat, 94mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 21g protein