This one is for your abs
Your Plan for Sculpted Abs
You're tired of the beer belly.
You want your love handles gone.
You dream of what it would be like to have a six pack.
On top of being less than attractive, excess belly fat increases your risk of diabetes and heart disease. While your midsection is one of the most difficult areas of the body to trim and tone, it can be done!
But it's going to take some work.
If your abs are completely hidden under an oversized belly, it takes more than the muffin top buster to reveal toned muscle underneath. To burn off this extra layer of fat, you'll need to increase the intensity and consistency of your workouts and cut the junk out of your diet.
Get at least 60 minutes of challenging kettlebell workouts 3-4 days each week. Call or email me to make your workouts more effective.
In addition to your kettlebell workouts, include an ab workout every other day. What should your ab-centric workout look like?
Check out the exercises below to find what you should add to your ab routine. Choose four to eight of the following exercises and perform 15 to 20 reps of each.
The Russian Twist
One of the best ab workouts that also works your obliques (side muscles).
- Sit on your bum
- Position yourself so you can lift your feet and balance yourself on your bum
- fold your hands and twist side to side, trying to touch the ground on each twist
- exhale your breath when you reach each side
This is Awesome for time but reps are good to.
A classic exercise known for effectively toning abs, the crunch starts as you lie on your back, bend your knees, and keep your feet flat on the floor. Bend your elbows and cross your arms over your chest. Keeping your lower back on the floor, use your ab muscles to lift your head and shoulders off the floor. Hold for three seconds, lower back to the starting position, and repeat.
Targeting a tough area to tone—your lower abs—the reverse crunch is another great abdominal muscle workout. Lying on a mat, keep your arms at your sides with your palms facing down. Lift your knees up toward your chest until your knees are bent 90 degrees. Using your abs and avoiding a rocking motion, curl your hips and lower back up off the floor, lifting your legs toward the ceiling. Hold for several seconds and then lower your hips down. Repeat.
Planks work your abs as well as your back. Lying face down on the floor, place your forearms on the floor. Lift your body up on your forearms and toes, keeping your elbows under your shoulders. Using your core muscles, hold yourself up for as long as you can until lowering to the floor. Practice your planks until you can hold yourself up for 60 seconds or longer.
Muffin Top Buster
- Start in a plank position- on you hands and feet
- touch opposite shoulders- left hand to right shoulder- right hand to left shoulder
- perform a push-up
- perform a mountain climber - knee to chest - both sides
- That is one rep
You can do this in a variety of ways:
And Many more....
Remember that your diet plays a huge part in getting flat, sculpted abs. Cut out all the junk from your diet by eating wholesome, real foods and drink plenty of water.
5 Steps to Sculpted Abs
- Stay Hydrated. Drink water throughout your day, rather than calorie-filled drinks.
- Cut Your Carbs. Eliminate bread from your diet, as well as carb-filled snacks like pretzels or chips.
- Exercise Your Abs. Perform the above ab exercises a couple times a week.
- No More Sugar. Eating sweets is the easiest way to gain fat, so avoid sugar.
- Make Exercise Count. To make sure your exercise routine is effective, call or email me today.